BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 6

Just discovered some new information on the gluten-free diet, which I am ambivalent about. The gluten-free diet is going well &is easier than I thought. I haven't run into too many obstacles and I'm not missing or craving anything just yet. Gluten-free bread (smothered in peanut butter &honey) is delicious!


I discovered that part of my symptoms are also coming from my intolerance to casein, a protein found in milk and dairy products. It's not the same as lactose intolerance (casein is found in non-dairy items as well as dairy items, unlike lactose). Tomorrow morning will mark the first day of my new &improved GFCF (gluten free, casein free) diet! Hopefully this is the last step in my diet modification process and the first step to feeling better!

Now I have to discover how to nourish myself. Tonight I will say goodbye to cheese, butter, milk (even some soy milks!), ice cream &CHOCOLATE (good thing I like dark chocolate). I am saddened. Believe me.

Weight-loss update: -2.4 pounds. I am not discounting that this could be a fluke or just water weight, but it's progress none the less &since it's part of my journey, I'm writing about it. :D Keep 'em coming! Dare I say it won't be too difficult to lose weight considering I can only eat MEAT &VEGGIES.

I love &appreciate all the support from you guys! My work out routine will commence as soon as my diet is stable &I'm not so sick all the time. I can't wait for my tax return as I have a bright &shiny new pair of running shoes in my future! Possibly a new bicycle even!

Love!

PS- Gala Darling. This is a wonderful lady from whom I am gathering so much body-love &inspiration. Visit her, you will love her.

1 comments:

Amie Harvey said...

OOhhh yeah a bike! Then we can go riding together! Mine is collecting some dust. haha. I am sooo proud of you girl, keep it up. You DESERVE to feel great, give your body that. I love you, and if you ever need anything I'm just a phone call away.