BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day x (the unofficial beginning)

Today was my first gluten free &Whole Foods shopping experience. It was excruciatingly intimidating. I realized upon entering the store I knew NOTHING about food, but a very nice lady was more than helpful. My breakfasts are now 100% gluten free!

Over the last few days I have emptied my kitchen of all gluten laden products I can't have &now my cupboards are bare! I have peanut butter &vanilla extract &that's about it. It's amazing how much my diet consisted of foods that were making me sick. It felt wonderful to get rid of it all &it will feel even better to fill it with healthy foods.





Empty cupboard #1.




Yeah, that's peanut butter &tea.



FYI - The first two shelves do not contain anything edible.





Cheers to a new beginning. Farmer's market, anyone?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You will be amazed by the energy you will have by avoiding gluten. I think it will give you all the energy you need to achieve all of your goals. I look forward to reading about your journey (maybe we can read it to Ari as a bed time story)!

I don't know where you stand as far as religion but the serenity prayer helps me a lot; God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.